March 24, 2014
There are some changes this year:
- The course has changed to avoid a repeat of last year’s ‘train delay’. There are great posts by Kenny Yum and Emma Iserman describing the modified course.
- Copps Coliseum has been renamed the FirstOntario Centre. I expect everyone will still call it Copps Coliseum for a while.
- There will be no baggage check this year! Really? I understand the security concern, but…
In fact, I’m expecting this to be a very rough race for me. I haven’t done the mileage I really should have to get ready for this race. I blame part of this on the exceptionally icy sidewalks that have plagued Mississauga this March. Another part of it was that my heart just wasn’t in it this month for a couple of reasons. I’ve been pretty diligent about cross-training and sleeping, but as the rust of not enough miles was evident in my recent 19km run. Quietly, I’ve considered not running this race because I feel a little unprepared.
But I am going! I’m not a pacing, but I plan to run it. It might take me a LONG time to finish, but I think I can beat the 4.5 hour time limit. And I plan to take lots of foolish selfies and other pictures and probably posting them to facebook/twitter throughout the race. My Goals for ATB 2014:
- A Goal: <3:30 to say I did better than last year
- B Goal: <3:45 is more realistic
- C Goal: <4:30 because that’s the course limit
- D Goal: Don’t Crap My Pants (h/t Nicole)
I also plan to take selfies at various points during the race, particularly with the Grim Reapers after Valley Inn Road.
I’m meeting a group at Copps Coliseum FirstOntario Centre around 8:15am on race morning in Section 121, Row 10. I hope to meet many of you there!!